How freewriting and p4c can work together.
FOLLOWING-UP is a broad term given to any activity or initiative undertaken after group dialogue around a question. Follow-up, of course often lead to futher dialogue, but the focus is different. If could involve any of the following:
- Exploring a particular concept through a specially-designed exercise
- Working on a logical or connection-making move to enhance thinking, dialogue or writing
- Recording questions and concepts that matter to pupils
- Analysing previous questions to gain insight into kinds of questions and where they lead
- Research and/or writing on a topic raised in dialogue
How to …
A 'mystery' is an activity to develop exploratory thinking, often about causes or consequences.